Friday, January 29, 2021

From an Ancient Torso - original mixed media figurative drawing redux


So great to sketch from these beautiful creations - in this case, using charcoal, graphite and Caran d'Ache neocolor 1 -  on Strathmore 300 mixed media paper which I use as a sketchbook because the paper is tough enough for any dry media but not quite as expensive as the 400 series.  Somehow, I just feel a little bit freer to do things on the less costly paper that I might not otherwise do on more expensive paper.  Ever have that feeling?   I love the 400 series though, and when it's on sale, I stock up!  Thanks for stopping by!


 

6 comments:

Jane said...

Oh yes , I hate to make something not satisfying on expensive paper and waste it :-) Great work on the buste , you really got the bones and muscles to perfection !

Gatepost productions said...

Really is classic tinged with the informality of the background, love it. Thanks for dropping by over on my neglected blog

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you - so glad you're back!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jane - and thanks so much for stopping by!

hmuxo said...

This is absolutely beautiful... you did such a great job on the muscles...something I CAN’T do. A few years back I participated in a workshop where this woman was posing nude. I destroyed her!!! It looked like a child drew her!!! Needless to say I quit that workshop... I couldn’t capture the muscles which was everything!!! Oh well..

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Hilda - with all your artistic ability though, I know you could absolutely do this! I really appreciate your stopping by - great hearing from you!