Saturday, February 20, 2021

Barrie - original oil portrait painting


oil portrait woman head turned slight smile gold earrings

Texas is probably just about done digging itself out of the ice and snow of this past week.  Our family fared pretty well, but sad to say, lots of folks didn't.  We're just not prepared for this kind of weather - 3 degrees - and I'm hoping this really was a once in a century thing.  And if I didn't already love summer, I do now!

This piece, lurking in my studio, is painted on 8 x 10" stretched canvas, beginning from life, then on to photos.  I like it for her sweet expression.  Thanks for stopping by!
 

4 comments:

Jane said...

She does have a beautiful and sweet smile and I like the colors you used , she has a nice and warm glow on her face.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Jane - I appreciate your comment so much!

hmuxo said...

This is an amazing portrait Connie!! She looks so pensive.
I still can’t believe the weather you had in Texas! I’m used to temperatures here in New York but you guys probably don’t even have proper clothes for that weather.
Hopefully everything is back to normal....

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Hilda - love the comment! Oh my gosh, it was so cold for us - you're right, we're not used to that! Was really glad when that was over - now we better get ready for the 106 degree stuff! :=)