Monday, July 29, 2019

Three Nudes - ballpoint pen sketch

One of those drawings I like to do at drawing groups - putting three figures over each other.  I like that there's no time to fix things, but just record my response to the model.  When I do these kinds of drawings, I always leave with a sense of accomplishment - even more than when I've done a fairly successful painting.  Not sure what that says about me and am not going to try and analyze, but just go with it.  I matted this to about 10 x 7".  Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Like…. Feel the same way, when a good composition of figures evolves..

hmuxo said...

Three beautiful sketches, Connie. I love the poses especially the one on the floor... it looks like a difficult one.

myra anderson said...

very beautiful, much like a degas sketch!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Anthony - so glad you like it - thank you!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Hilda - you're right - the one on the floor was a bit more difficult, but all were fun to draw. Delighted you stopped by!

Connie Chadwell said...

Wow Myra - I think my heart just skipped a few beats - Degas!!!! Thank you!!!!