Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Seated Nude - charcoal drawing of a nude model

My most fun art thing - drawing from the model.  I love the emotion that shows in the posture of every person, whether they are posing in the studio, or maybe visiting with friends or reading a book, whatever - it keeps me on my artistic toes.
In this case, I found the dignity in the pose so beautiful. And, of course, my usual complaint -  there's never enough time to do everything in a timed drawing, so I went for some lost and found lines in this piece. It's about 9 x 9" - on Strathmore toned paper, using the ever wonderful vine charcoal.  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

this is SO beautiful Connie...Very classy and well done. It blows my mind how you handle vine charcoal. Absolutely beautiful.

Jane said...

Beautiful figure and position , really well done !

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Jane - always great to hear from you!

Connie Chadwell said...

Appreciate your lovely comment - just makes my day!!! Thanks Hilda!