Thursday, July 18, 2019

On My Easel - Portrait of a Scholar WIP - oil pastel

Definitely a work in progress with much more to do, but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It's too "warm" for me, so am doing a bit of cooling off - blue in the background and possibly more to come.  This is one I'll leave alone for a few days and see how it looks then.  I have lots more to do re drawings and paintings.  Will post again when it's finished - 16 x 12" on gritty paper.  Thanks for looking!
To see more about the oil pastels I'm using in painting this portrait, click here to visit my oil pastel blog.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Absolutely outstanding Connie. The splash of blue in the background is so nice. I look forward to seeing this portrait finished.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much Hilda - love seeing you here!

myra anderson said...

she's beautiful!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Myra!