Friday, November 09, 2018

Line Jive - ink figurative drawing of dancers

Abstract varied black ink lines on white paper depicting jive dancers
This ink drawing is really the inspiration for the previous post, although I did make some changes when I did the painting. Just letting your pen go a little crazy is a good thing and results in the most interesting outcomes.  I used two pens  -  Sharpie and Itoya.  While I like using these kinds of pens, I also love dip pens - they don't give the same results, but their line quality is often fascinating.  This drawing is on Strathmore Bristol, about 5 x 5 1/2".  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love the motion in this sketch, Connie. It looks like you have one continuous stroke for the sketch...Impressive!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - thanks for stopping by!