Saturday, October 27, 2018

On My Easel - Woman at Table WIP

Woman seated at table with wineglass her arms on table many paintings on wall behind
From a drawing I did a few months ago, I worked on this one today.  Lots of work to do, though, which I'll enjoy while I listen to a book by Charles Todd. one of the Inspector Rutledge mysteries, set after the First World War or Great War.  Do other artists like to paint in silence?  I did that for awhile today and it was really pleasant, but after a couple of hours decided I needed a change.  Should have made all my changes and finishing up tomorrow, so will maybe post my final painting - thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love how relaxed she looks while sitting down, Connie!!! Beautiful painting with lots of detail work.... After losing some of her sight after having a stroke, my daughter always listens to audio books. She loves them so I bought a book which I will start with my next painting....

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Hilda. I hope your daughter is doing well and am glad she's enjoying the audiobooks - they are a blessing for so many and I'm really grateful they're available! You will love listening, too, I hope. Kind of have to get used to it, but after that, they're really great!

Jane said...

Love the expression on her face like she is soo fed up and great body movement too !

Connie Chadwell said...

I like that Jane, and I think you're right about her attitude!