Monday, May 06, 2024

"Fiddling Around" - original oil pastel figurative drawing

loose, gestural, portrait drawing, oil pastel, colorful
I loved doing this very loose 7 x 5" oil pastel on Pastelbord - maybe because her activity (or lack thereof) is one of my favorites. 😊  This little piece is very raw - I didn't smooth anything and it's very much like the quickly done original pencil drawing I did while watching a girl at a table with her friends.  She was in her own world while the other girls chatted noisily.  I used lipsticky Sennelier oil pastels - what a joy they are to work with!  I guess I spent a teeny bit more time on her face and hair and allowed - particularly her left side - to just sort of 'happen'.  If you spend even a small amount of time on my blog, you know that's my favorite way to work.  Thanks so much for stopping by my studio!
 

No comments: