Saturday, December 04, 2021

Della - original charcoal and pastel portrait



This drawing is one that I think will end up as a painting.  Her solemn demeanor appealed to me so much  - didn't have enough time to add more details and maybe that's a good thing since her face and hair seem to be the most important.  But we'll see. Sometimes when I turn things into a painting, there's a totally different result - probably happens to y'all sometimes too - right?  I did this on Strathmore 12 x 9" toned blue paper, using General Pencil Co Peel and Sketch charcoal, plus their compressed pastels.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Her demeanor is captivating. I see why it might become a painting with a Mona Lisa personlity in profile.

Connie Chadwell said...

So glad you appreciated my model - I really liked her look and Mona Lisa In profile - what a great idea - Thanks so much!