Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Model in a Flowered Dress

woman portrait figurative seated loose lines colorful

 


 Her pose was captivating to me - kind of nonchalant.  And oh the dress - the print dress.  I loved it!  The drawing started with the gesture from life,  then I had to be content with a photograph.  Being such a line person, I did have fun with the arms and legs - didn't add finish at all to the legs, using lots of line segments.  The late Alex Powers, whose drawings I loved - said you're either a line or shape person and I totally agree.  I'm all in for line, especially loose, weighted lines and continuous line drawings.  I got some new pens today and was also eyeing my reed pens and thinking about getting out the ink.  Much fun ahead!  Thanks for stopping by and happy drawing!  PS. oil pastel on blue toned Strathmore mixed media paper, 12 x 9".


No comments: