Friday, December 04, 2020

Two-Step Scribble - charcoal and oil pastel figurative sketch

drawing of western two-step dancers

This sketch is one I did from the 2019 rodeo dance (didn't have rodeo in 2020😞) and sometimes I just get such satisfaction from one of these drawings, even though it lingers somewhere between drawing and painting.  As a line lover, I'm always looking for ways to incorporate line in what I do and not totally cover it up with paint.  Will just leave this one as it is and do a painting from it.

I hope everyone out there had a great Thanksgiving!🦃 Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely drawing, it picks up the rythmn of the dance floor.
Rodeo. It has been decades since I've been to a rodeo. Thank you for the reminder. I'll hunt for the old photos.

hmuxo said...

One of my favorites from you...line dancing. Looking at these makes one want to get up and dance...(if I knew how..lol) Beautiful motion as always. I visited your previous posts....somehow I missed a few.
This Covid time in our lives is truly driving me crazy. All my art workshops are over for now....lots of artists are zooming but if my grandchildren aren't around I'm the dinosaur who needs help since I can't figure it out...
Thanksgiving was very nice ....my daughter had to leave early since she's a Nurse and had to work that night. But it was nice to have the family over ..
Now Christmas is coming and I only pray that things will go back to normal in the New Year. We can only hope.
I look forward to seeing what you do next... ALWAYS a treat to see your work..

Jane said...

I admire your talent in getting movement into your works, always such great figures.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Jane - great to see you here - hope you're doing well!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda and thank you so much for your nice comment. Yes things are sort of upside down right now - and Zoom, I know just what you mean - if my grandchildren aren't around there's no way I would tackle it - and actually even when they are around to set it up, I don't really feel comfortable - so I'm a total dinosaur and can't wait to be able to go back to drawing group!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Salty Pumpkin - so glad you liked the drawing - hope you find the photos - thanks so much for stopping by!