Thursday, November 05, 2020

A Little Sketch of the Model - original charcoal portrait drawing




black and white art, drawing, woman, profile, Connie Chadwell

I absolutely love to work in black and white, especially when drawing from life. I did this drawing using a General's Peel and Sketch with a 'hard' rating which I rarely use, but am actually really pleased with this little sketch.  The paper is Strathmore Mixed Media, 8.5 x 5.5".  Some of the lines are restated, which I left (obviously) because otherwise, it's easy to keep making the same mistake, plus leaving the lines lends movement and also tells the viewer the path the artist took in making the piece.  Thanks for stopping by!
 

8 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderfully expressive.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Anthony - I really appreciate hearing from you!

Jane said...

Beautiful beautiful profile , perfection actually !

myra anderson said...

Hi! I am doing well! glad to see that you are too!!!! You are an inspiration to me!!! I need to get on the ball lol!!!!! Beautiful work!!!!

hmuxo said...

You should be pleased with this sketch Connie. Its one of your best... I KNOW I've said this often with your paintings but I really love how you painted her. Sending hugs....

hmuxo said...

I would love to know what I do wrong when commenting and it doesn't register. I LOVE this portrait Connie. I have always loved black and white paintings or sketches .... and I love your most recent painting of the dancers... they always make me smile. So I hope this comment goes through, my friend. Always know I never miss your beautiful work.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - it wasn't anything at all that you were doing - It's BLOGGER - and about to run me crazy!!! Somehow I couldn't get to my blog no matter what, so every day, I fiddled with it a little bit and only today by going through another way could I get in. But it's still not fixed so I guess I'll have to get one of the grandchildren to work on it :)

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Myra - SO glad you're back - you've been missed! Thanks so much for visiting!