Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sketch of an Actress - original charcoal portrait of a woman

portrait of a woman drawn in vine charcoal on toned paper with accents of white
This little drawing on Strathmore's toned paper is about 8 x 6" (actually on 12 x 9" paper, but I matted it smaller). 
The model is an actress and was in her stage makeup - complete with false lashes and eyeliner which gave her eyes a lot of impact - I loved it!  For this one I used the always wonderful and forgiving vine charcoal, with a few accents in white pencil.  As usual, I left some things undone, which I think lends feeling to a drawing done quickly.  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Like the well placed limited use of white.

hmuxo said...

She's beautiful Connie. Love the false eyelashes...brings me back when I wore them! It makes you feel so glamorous! lol and beautiful work on the shadows and hair!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Anthony - glad to hear I didn't overdo it - always so easy for me to do - get started and just can't stop. Happy you visited my blog!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - thank you so much! And yes - the false lashes. I wore them, too, back in the day. : )