Friday, May 24, 2019

Exhausted - original charcoal figurative drawing of a young woman


This young woman was clearly so tired as she waited for the bus.  I asked her if I could snap a picture for a drawing - and she was agreeable.  It's always great when someone agrees to pose or lets me take a photo.  This piece is on toned paper, using vine charcoal - and although the support looks tan, it's really grey - surely my photo skills aren't that lacking!  It's gotta be the camera.  I used some scribbles of white for the background and for highlights.  This drawing is 12 x 9" and I loved making it - thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Her mood so well captured. Enjoyed.

Jane said...

Yes, she definitely looks exhausted, well done Coonnie !

hmuxo said...

She really does look tired Connie. Not sure, but I don't think you even had to ask her permission to take her photo! She looks too tired to care. lol
Love this.. You did a beautiful sketch of her....

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Anthony - I really appreciate your nice comment!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - Love the comment, glad I conveyed her exhaustion - and yeah, I probably didn't really need to ask her! She just wanted to get home!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jane - thank you so much for your nice comment - I really appreciate it!