Saturday, April 27, 2019

Tango in Orange - original acrylic figurative painting

I saw this "pose" once at a tango demo - it was a slight pause, then she spun away.  I thought it was such a sweet moment.  This painting was done on Strathmore acrylic paper - tough, heavy and great to work with and also good for oil pastel.  Although it's on 12 x 12" paper, I matted this piece to about 11 x 9". 
Currently, I'm trying to organize my art supplies  - and have come to the conclusion that I'm a "paperholic".  I really do love paper - have all kinds, watercolor, oil, oil pastel, charcoal, soft pastel, printmaking and even paper with inclusions in it - but I do wish I hadn't loved it quite as much as I have!
Really glad you stopped by😀

2 comments:

Jane said...

Always great movement in your paintings, love this .

hmuxo said...

You know how I feel about your tango poses...LOVE this ...you can actually feel the movement in the dance. SO well done. I like to try different papers as well, but usually stick with Canson with my portraits.