Saturday, March 02, 2019

More Fun with Watercolor - a watercolor portrait sketch

I came across this warm-colored piece of paper, about 6 x 8" and think it probably wasn't watercolor paper, although it's very sturdy and held up well without much buckling.  It seems to me that most watercolor paper is white, although I'm not a watercolorist so don't know for sure.  Anyway, I used it for this quick little sketch.  I painted it with colors from my cute Da Vinci pan set (below) and it has this little ring on the bottom for finger or thumb. 
Makes me feel like an experienced watercolor painter! ðŸ˜„Much fun - thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A watercolor portrait has to be SO difficult....but of course you ACED it... beautifully finished Connie. By the way I did what you said and exhibited my horse painting and it just received Honorable Mention!!!! She just called me to tell me ....so surprised.... thank you for your confidence, my friend!!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - I am SO thrilled for you! Your work is so wonderful and your painting of the horse is really special - Congratulations - you deserve it!!!!!