Monday, February 18, 2019

Soulful Bridgette - original charcoal portrait drawing

Female model looking down drawn in charcoal on pale blue paper
An all-time favorite of mine - drawing from the posed model. And she is a great model, too! Some things I could change, but not going to because it was my reaction to her that I want to save.
 This drawing is on pale blue Stonehenge paper, which I absolutely love (it doesn't really look blue in the photo, but that's my fault), using soft vine charcoal. Stonehenge is fabulous for charcoal drawings, as well as oil pastel and several other media.  I guess I'm talking about Stonehenge because there were many comments in the drawing group about this lovely paper, which I have used for years, and I just thought it deserved mention. Although I use all of the Stonehenge colors, this pale blue is beautiful.  You can visit Legion paper - the company that produces Stonehenge here.   And it's made  in America!👍
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is absolutely beautiful Connie! Definitely my favorite of your portraits... WOW.... I’ve worked with charcoal before but I can’t seem to hold it correctly to get a good drawing...lol. LOVE this one... I hope to see more charcoal portraits!!!!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Oh Hilda - you have just made my day! A big thank you!!!