Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Easy Listening - original pastel pencil portrait drawing

I'M SO EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT 'EASY LISTENING' HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR INCLUSION IN THE BOOK 'STROKES OF GENIUS' 10!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                          After a long day - nothing like some 'easy listening' music - at least that's what I hear.  For me, though, it has to be something with a beat.  Right now I'm listening to salsa music, mixed with a little jive - of course, I had a really good day with no problems, so maybe I wouldn't want the zippy stuff if I were really tired.  This woman is being rejuvenated by the soothing music, which is perfect for both of us.  She is very still and, therefore, a good model.  She's happy - I'm happy.
This drawing is on 12 x 9" Colourfix paper - fresh grey color.  The problem with drawings that aren't "finished" is where do I stop?  I'm tempted to work on the chair, but won't because I think I've covered all the bases without doing that.  And if I do "finish" it and then decide I shouldn't have done it,  it's too late - can't be undone.  Same with her other leg.  Decisions, decisions.  Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

Gatepost productions said...

I struggle with music as a background, it never fails to distract me and moves to the foreground. I find myself listening instead of 'working'. Hence I work in silence!

I think you finished at the right time, the chair could have easily taken over the exquisite drawing. Lovely piece of work, Connie

Anthony Duce said...

I like it.. A perfect place to stop.. Sit back an enjoy.

Jeff Oxley said...

Yeah I agree with John and Anthony. Leave this as it is. I like how you took your cue from the gray paper and kept the color a little muted. That worked really well..

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Anthony - I'm really glad to hear from you!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, John. Really glad to hear from you. I guess I've gotten hooked on listening to music and books while drawing - but every now and then, I'll have to repeat a few minutes of a story because I'm lost in my drawing.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jeff and thank you so much - I have had the same problems at times with my blog and with others - just appreciate your comments - always very helpful!