Saturday, September 18, 2021

Blue Kimono - original pastel pencil portrait

portrait drawing blue kimono geisha pastel pencil




 Pastel pencils are so wonderful to work with, especially for someone like me who really loves to draw.  They also don't seem to have the problem of floating bits of pastel in the air, particularly the Caran d'Ache pastel pencils which is what I mostly use.  My only concern is that they are fragile - not that there is a longevity problem, because I know they are very archival, but much care has to be taken in framing to prevent smearing.   Actually I suppose every medium has its drawbacks and this is a small one, so I either frame with spacers or a mat arrangement that creates a gutter for the loose pastel to fall into.  Problem solved.  This drawing is on Canson pastel paper, about 11 x 8".  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: