Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Flamenco Dancer in Profile - original oil pastel portrait



 I started this portrait a few months ago, painted most of the pose, then put it where I passed by several times a day, but sort of forgot about finishing.  And of course, by the time I was inspired to get it done, no model, therefore the memory thing again.  Most of what I lacked was the lace and I actually have some very similar to what she was wearing, so that was lucky.  Done on 12 x 12" Pastelbord, using Sennelier oil pastels.  Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Very nice Connie !! It’s amazing how you get such beautiful skin tones with oil pastels... I can’t imagine it would be easy to blend the colors..... excellent work, my friend!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Hilda - really lucky I had the lace!!