Friday, September 11, 2020

Scribbled Dancers - original ink figurative drawing

I was watching a movie and this couple was dancing and I just had to draw them.  This was one of those times when drawing from memory came in handy since I had to draw really quickly before the vision left me!  Drawing the action on the TV is one of my favorite practice devices.  Anyway, much fun doing this one, using unforgiving ink and giving my memory a workout.  The ink was a Sharpie ultra fine and a Prismacolor marker on Strathmore Mixed Media matted to about 12 x 8".  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I tried doing this while watching TV and wow!!! definitely a challenge. I did it once and thats it! lol I'm too slow... You did an amazing job with it and I love the previous portrait...the lace came out so beautifully..

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - drawing in front of the tv is just one of my many lazy habits - mostly doesn't turn out too well. So will draw till the person/people move and if I don't want to work from memory, can maybe draw over that "pose" with the next "pose". Not really beautiful, but fun and sometimes actually interesting! Thank you so much for visiting!