Monday, June 29, 2020

Sketch of the Model in a Black Robe - original oil pastel figurative

seated woman looking down wearing black robe loose painting
I love when the model is just relaxing - not worrying about maintaining a pose - and waiting until the break is over.  This 11 x 10" oil pastel is done with Sennelier oil pastels on Strathmore acrylic paper, which I like for its "canvasy" pattern and the 246 lb. weight.  Very sturdy!  I also like using this paper for acrylic brush drawings - give it a try.  Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

myra anderson said...

very beautiful! I was thinking about you and I am glad that you are okay! stay safe!!!!

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Connie. Years ago, I made a robe similar to this one for my sister. The good old days when I sewed...lol Believe it or not, she still has it and its still looks the same.

hmuxo said...

Beautiful piece, Connie. I love her robe ..it reminds me of one that I made for my sister MANY years ago.... she still has it and wears it! I love her natural pose as well.
Its interesting that the paper you use is strong enough to paint acrylics on. Some people paint with pastels on watercolor paper... Would you recommend it?

hmuxo said...

You haven't posted in awhile, Connie.. Hope you're well.. I always worry about my blogger friends... (:

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Myra - and thank you for visiting! Have just been away from my blog for awhile doing other art things, but back now!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi there Hilda - just haven't been posting, but still doing art! Don't know about soft pastel on watercolor paper - I don't know if I've tried it, but oil pastel on watercolor paper definitely works. It's great that the robe you made is still going strong! I see so many things that cost a lot but aren't very well made but clothes we made are still looking good. I keep thinking about getting back to sewing, but never do!