Thursday, October 10, 2019

Nellie's Red Hat - original oil pastel figurative drawing

Totally love those flappers!  And the delight of not having enough time to make it an actual "finished painting" so it remains loose and more of a drawing.  Of course when is it a drawing and when is it a painting?  Some of my most successful drawings have been done with oils and you probably can say the same.  I was reading the other day about alternating between paintings, which I do, but always setting a timer for each one so there's a freshness for each piece.
I sometimes set a timer, but then get hung up on some little something and turn it off.  And then the overworking sets in.  Memo to me - obey the timer!  This drawing is on smooth Colourfix paper.  I bought two packages - one fresh grey and one black - great for lots of media - 12 x 9".  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

beautiful face and wonderful skin tone!!!!!!!!

hmuxo said...

She's beautifully painted..yes, fresh and loose. Love her pose and her hat.
I went to Blick's today for smooth Colourfix paper and they didn't have it. I guess on line shopping will have to do. I'm the original dinosaur so I'll take my time and order it....lol

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Myra - so happy you stopped by!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - thanks so much - surprised they didn't have it - maybe just out? Yes, I do a lot of ordering myself!