Thursday, April 24, 2014

More Jivin' - original mixed media figurative drawing

Well, the jivers are still jiving and I'm still following them around!  Initially, I had planned to do something with Caran d'Ache watersoluble crayons, but all I could find at my studio were the wax crayons by the same maker, so the best laid plans etc. etc. - anyway, this quick little drawing was fun to do.  It's on 9 x 12" cold press watercolor paper.  I used ink, graphite and wax crayons.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Excellent painting ! I love the movement of these two people dancing! Wonderful work!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love the energy. It really looks like they're dancing.

Roxanne Steed said...

I always love the energy in your jive paintings....they just look like they'll jump right off the page....and I can hear the music!!! pure joy!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Hilda, for taking the time to stop by - I appreciate it!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Shelley - I'm so happy you stopped by!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Roxanne, that's just what I was hoping for - you made my day!