Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Lindy Seated - original ink figurative drawing

This ink and stick drawing was done from a pose while sitting outside a sandwich shop on West 6th Street in Austin, Texas.  I used an extremely thin balsa wood stick with India ink - one of my favorite ways to draw - and just let the ink kind of do its own thing.  This is a wonderfully freeing type of art and just good for the soul - or my soul, anyway.  I did this drawing on - I think it's Yupo, about 8 x 5".  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

I can't imagine drawing with balsa wood stick and India ink....so unique.. And the results is beautiful! Wonderful work, Connie!!!!

Gatepost productions said...

To an ex pen & ink artist, the concept of a balsa-wood stick is an interesting concept which you have clearly mastered

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi John - thank you for the compliment - so nice to see you here!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - thank you - the good thing about this method is that anything goes!