Sunday, January 23, 2022

Drawing of a Young Girl - original oil pastel portrait

drawing young girl loose casual oil pastel

I did this on Judson's Guerilla Carton Board.  Carton needs an accent mark, but I will have to wait till later - it's late and I'm sleepy and don't remember how to do it on my laptop.  This surface is wonderful for oil pastel - it's really a love affair between the two.  If you use oil paint, it's good to apply Gamblin GAC before painting on it.   I usually bond the carton to painting panel or mat board.  I don't know if artists appreciate this lightweight board/paper, but it's wonderful!  It's archival and so lightweight - plus I just swoon over how wonderfully it works with oil pastel!  This drawing is on 10 x 8" carton.  Try this surface - it's really great! Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

Gatepost productions said...

Hi Connie, I'm back after being a full time carer to my late wife.

This is typical of your style, captures the person as well as the image..great eyes John

Connie Chadwell said...

Oh my goodness John - I'm so sorry - had no idea. Can never think of the right thing to say but my thoughts are with you. Thanks for letting me know.