Monday, September 06, 2021

Lissy on Red - acrylic and oil pastel portrait

woman with hat on red background portrait mix media
Something so much fun to paint - started with acrylic and finished with oil pastel.  These two media work so well together.  It's done on acrylic paper by Strathmore, which has a great surface and is very easy to work with.  I could have made it more realistic but it was so enjoyable to just roll with it - and Lis thinks it looks like her, so who am I to fret?  

Hope you're all having a great Labor Day - thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

Beautiful work. I did not realize those two media could be used together. I used to work in (dry) pastel, sometimes over a light wash.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi there and thank you so much for your comment. For some reason, oil pastel seems to love acrylic and much better I think than oil pastel over oil paint which would make more sense, I would think. Anyway, thank you for stopping by!