Monday, April 01, 2019

Nude on Grey #3 - original charcoal drawing of a nude model

Nude facing away, seated on a stool covered with cloth,
I love drawing nudes - especially in charcoal which is such a responsive and forgiving medium.  Vine charcoal - soft and extra soft - are my favorites, although I find harder charcoal sticks useful, too, mainly when turned on the side for shapes and shading.  Just not compressed charcoal - that's a whole other thing, which I've been using recently for black and white landscapes. "Nude on Grey #3" is on Strathmore's Pastel Paper, which is no longer good for oil pastel, but very nice for charcoal and regular pastels.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

What a beautiful pose Connie. Your work with charcoals is wonderful. A few years back I joined a class on Mondays with nude models. I tried my best but I wasn’t able to capture those muscles the correct way... the result was stick figures...lol SO I didn’t return...
have a wonderful day!!!!!

Jane said...

Perfection in everything , looks so easy and natural , well done !

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - thanks so much for stopping by! And oh my goodness - with all your talent, I think you should give the drawing group another try - you might just end up loving it!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Jane - makes my day!