Saturday, March 23, 2019

How I Cope Until the Muse Comes - figurative/portrait sketches


While waiting for inspiration, I sketch from the TV - here are a few of the dozens of these little things that I have lying around.  This approach demands drawing quickly, but since subjects will move right in the middle of the sketch, I am challenged to do a lot of memory drawing or pretty much just leave them unfinished.  Lots of fun for me and good training until I am moved to draw something to really get wrapped up in.😀  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

These are wonderful..

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Anthony!

hmuxo said...

I thought I commented but somehow it didn’t post......I LOVE these ..especially the first one with those great shadings... your portraits are always so loose and natural... love your style...

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you for posting again, Hilda - what happened was that I somehow deleted your post and I really appreciate your reposting! You would think after all this time of having a blog, I wouldn't make such a mistake! :>) Thanks again!

Unknown said...

The two black and white faces (charcoal?) are amazing!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment!