Wednesday, January 16, 2019

On My Easel - Pondering - oil pastel portrait painting

young woman with chin resting on her closed hand eyes turned to side
I asked this young woman to hold the pose while I took a picture to work on back at my studio.  As much as I really like going to drawing groups, I wish I could get so many of the people I see to come and pose for me.  That way I would be able to control the pose, the lighting, etc.  Oh well, one just does the best one can.  And I actually was happy with her pose, fleeting though it was.  Not really finished with this one, yet, but getting close.  It's on 12 x 9" gritty paper.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Jane said...

Perfect title, great pose and beautifully painted !

hmuxo said...

I love her pose, Connie. Another favorite....that’s the kind of pose I look for!!!

Jeff Oxley said...

Connie, I like this drawing. Hope you didn't change too much..
I especially like the subdued tones you used.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jeff - thanks so much - actually put this away and didn't do any more on it.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jane - great seeing you here - thanks so much for your nice comment!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Hilda - glad you stopped by!