Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Another Crazy Drummer - original acrylic figurative drawing

black acrylic drawing of drummer playing drums and touches of watercolor
The hairdo got me.  Lots of hair.  A good and pretty wild drummer, but he could really play those things!  I thought of making it have more movement by adding strokes after I was finished, but decided to leave it as I drew it and just added a bit of watercolor.  This drawing is on 12 x 12" Strathmore acrylic paper, which is 246 pounds - cannot go wrong with that weight, just good for so many applications.  I used #2 bright and #4 filbert brushes with the black acrylic, painting from a drawing I did years ago.  Could do more 'finishing', but I'm not.  More fun that way!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Lots of motion in this painting Connie... Wonderful piece.

Anthony Duce said...

Love it. Like so much what you decided not to include.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Hilda for such a nice comment!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Anthony - I appreciate your comment so much!