Monday, January 01, 2018

Portrait of Rosa - oil pastel portrait painting

I could paint this model all day and sure am hoping she shows up again!  Very expressive, plus she holds a pose so well - just can't ask for more than that in a model.  Behind her was a figurative panel - I always like using these designs in the background.  This piece was done on 8 x 8" Multimedia pastel panel, using luscious Sennelier oil pastels - like working with lipstick.  Thanks for looking!

                                                               HAPPY NEW YEAR!       

4 comments:

Gatepost productions said...

another great job, Connie, love it. Have a great New Year.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi John and thank you! I hope you're having a lovely 2018!

Jeff Oxley said...

I like this one too. Again the eyes. She's a million miles away.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Jeff - I always appreciate your comments!