Sunday, April 23, 2017

On My Easel - original pastel pencil figurative in progress

Here it is in the wee hours and I'm just now getting to posting.  This drawing is being done from a black and white sketch from some time ago.  At this point, I don't know if it will be "finished" - well, probably not at this point.  Don't know if other artists leave things for awhile the way I do.  This is on Colourfix board, but my usual problem is cropping up - pastel dust.  Thought it wouldn't be bad with the pencils and while it's not as bad as with the sticks, it's still a problem.  Maybe I'll start working with them outside.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by!  PS.  That's a book on her lap (will definitely make that more finished)!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Connie, she's beautiful. I hope you finish it. I've been looking at all your previous work and love them all. They took my sling off a few days ago so I'm on the mend. There's no way I can paint because I can't lift my arm high enough....So frustrating.... Therapy is very difficult but I force myself because I want to paint...lol. Looking forward to seeing your next painting.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - I am so happy you're making progress! I miss your beautiful work, so even though I know it's difficult doing all the therapy, I know it means you're healing and will be back with us soon! Well, kind of selfish of me, but I miss seeing all your latest pieces! Thanks so much for visiting!