Sunday, August 07, 2016

The Godmother - original oil pastel figurative painting


We hear a lot about godfathers, but not so much about godmothers, of whom I am one.  It's an awesome responsibility.  I loved the tender way this woman held her little godson as they were waiting to go into the church.  You can tell it was early in the spring, because not even a tiny baby would need a blanket in the triple digits we've been having this summer.
I was looking today at the forecast for the next couple of weeks.  It looks like it might cool down to 93,  which is pretty good when you're used to 102 degrees! 
This piece is on 7 x 5" Pastelbord.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love this! Nice color and beautiful subject!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Hilda - I loved doing this one!