Thursday, January 08, 2015

Nude on Rose Paper - original charcoal drawing of a nude

Here's another nude on some of the patterned paper I've been experimenting with.  I think this is the last of the paper, and I just couldn't resist using the one remaining piece.  I used mostly compressed charcoal with touches of white on this drawing - not my usual, but I feel it worked well.  For me, when working with charcoal, I love the sensitive line that can be achieved with vine charcoal rather than compressed, but compressed was handy and since I'm a lazy artist, I just went ahead and drew with it.  The paper is about 8 1/2 x 11".  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Great sketch.. The background pattern works.

hmuxo said...

Okay!!! this is definitely a favorite, Connie! The background
pattern makes everything else pop.
the dark shadows is perfect!!!
Wonderful work!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Anthony - I appreciate it!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Hilda - I'm glad you like it - sometimes theses experiments work out okay.