Monday, February 22, 2010

Geisha with Fan - original oil pastel figurative painting by Connie Chadwell

This painting is on Colourfix paper, 12 x 9".  I worked on it while I watched the Olympics finals in ice dancing.  While I've always been such a fan of Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto and am so disappointed that they didn't medal, there was a lot of beautiful skating tonight!  I was always surprised when I could just get around the rink without falling flat, and am completely in awe of what these 'real' skaters can do!  And they make it look easy!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - it's always so nice to see you here!

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

beautiful painting! wonderful textures and colors!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Myra - very nice of you to stop by and leave a comment. I appreciate it!

n warner said...

Lovely...love the color and pose.
Nina

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Nina and thank you - I really appreciate your comment!