Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Dancer's Nap - oil pastel figurative

I bought some of the 6 x 12" landscape Pastelbord panels and have used a few for just that purpose,  but I just couldn't resist this pose from an earlier drawing.  Plus, she looked like a torch singer, and for some reason, I have such a soft spot for these ladies.   I left many of the lines, because I'm always looking for a way to keep from covering all the lines with paint - or, in this case, oil pastel.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful pose and beautiful painting!

Jane said...

Love this, beautiful and peaceful !

carla oliveira santos said...

Oh! This is so perfect! I'd die for an oil pastel tutorial of yours.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Hilda.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jane - I really appreciate your nice comment.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Carla - I am so flattered!