Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sketch of Barrel Racer - original charcoal figurative sketch

This quick 9 x 10" sketch began its life at the rodeo held in Junction this past summer, then I filled it in (more or less) from the photo on my iPhone.  I used a General Pencil Company's Peel and Sketch charcoal pencil because they're very handy when I'm on the move (no sharpener needed) and they make beautifully varied lines.    I love barrel racing and think I'll make a rodeo painting of this one with cowboys on the fences and the gates and all the things that make up the rodeo arena.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I've never heard of a peel and sketch charcoal pencil....sounds interesting ....I love this action sketch and I hope to see it as a larger painting.

Connie Chadwell said...

Peel and Sketch is so easy to use - no sharpener needed - made by General. Thanks so much for stopping by!