Friday, March 23, 2012

A Woman from Mumbai - original oil pastel portrait drawing WIP

I've been lucky, lately, to have several cooperative people coming through my life, who are willing to pose for me.  I do hate to push my luck, though, so I don't spend too much time with each drawing and they're not as finished as they probably should be - like this one, for instance.   I did get her face down enough to suit me, though, and I can finish the rest tomorrow - I'll repost the picture when I get it totally done.  When I say "finished", I mean finished for me, which still is a little raw.  This work is on 12 x 9" Colourfix pastel paper - and please check out my oil pastel blog, where I have some little oil pastels posted.  To get in touch with me, just click the Contact Me to the right.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This lady is beautiful, Connie. You did a wonderful job and I look forward to seeing this finished. Love the colors!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Hilda, I'm very flattered by your nice comment!