Sunday, May 22, 2011

Solitaire - original oil figurative painting

I play solitaire pretty often so maybe that's why painting someone playing the game appeals to me.  It's a no win - or seldom win - game.  In fact, I read the other day that a player only wins one out of 31 times.  Terrible odds, but I keep at it.  I even have a book on the different types of solitaire.  I play Klondike, which is the kind my grandmother taught me and from what I can tell, it's the one most people play.
This painting is on 7 x 5" Gessobord.  Thanks for visiting Hackberry Street Studio!

3 comments:

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Wonderful feeling in this. I get the sense that she is thinking of all the things she's going to do when she loses yet another game. Thanks for the data, also. Now I don't feel so bad!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Dale - Yes, I'll bet that's exactly what she's thinking. Thanks so much for stopping by!