Thursday, September 17, 2009

More Jive - original charcoal figurative drawing by Connie Chadwell


This doodle was so much fun for me. I did it in one of Strathmore's 400 series sketch pads size 5.5 x 12". I love these pads in the new sizes!

Benny Goodman music kept running through my head as I drew, especially one of the tunes that featured a lot of Gene Krupa, the fabulous drummer. I even have a Gene Krupa t-shirt. I have a lot of CDs of music from that era and may buy a DVD so I can actually see them at work.

I posted this drawing for fun - it may not be on the Daily Painters Gallery tomorrow. It all depends on what I accomplish today at the Thursday Painters group - I'm working on interiors with figures, cowboys, and of course, tango dancers. Maybe I'll be able to post one tonight.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Love the abandon exhibited by your figures, Connie. This is charming!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Elizabeth - I really love letting the charcoal go wild!