Thursday, July 20, 2017

Do-Si-Do - acrylic figurative painting

I painted this one with regular heavy body acrylic paint, which dries really quickly, unlike the Golden Open that I love and most often use.  Not sure if I will perhaps include another couple or another dancer.  Probably not.  There's enough happening without additional figures.  These figures are from a painting that I did last summer after observing the dancers following the August rodeo in Junction, Texas.  What a rich night for a figure painter that was!  I not only drew furiously, but snapped lots of pictures for later use in the studio.  This painting is 10 x 8" on panel and although I was taught that you should vary your brushes and brushstrokes in a painting, I used a #8 bright for the whole thing.  Just lazy, maybe.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful, Connie!! I love the motion and vibrant colors in this painting! Enjoy your weekend....

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you - much fun to do!