Monday, January 23, 2017

On My Easel - Sandi - original oil pastel portrait

Since I've been away so much and haven't posted, I just decided to go ahead and publish something in progress.  Even though I didn't post for such a long time doesn't mean I haven't been doing art.  Actually, I took a portrait painting course and also have been drawing or painting every single day.  So much to do on this one, yet, but just needed to get back to posting.  This is Colourfix paper - the smoother one, which has just a bit of tooth.  I used Sennelier with a few Holbein oil pastels.  It's about 9 x 9".  Maybe I'll post it again when I'm finished. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jeff Oxley said...

I haven't checked in here a while. You've been doing some really nice work. I like the atmosphere and the mood of this. The eyes..

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Jeff - very nice to hear!