Wednesday, September 30, 2015

At the Soirée - original oil pastel figurative drawing

This drawing happened quickly - I had been thinking about this tilt of the head, so I just experimented.  There wasn't a model in sight, so I simply had to make do.  And I just let it be the way it is - pretty loose, my favorite thing, actually.  For the support, I used multi-media artboard that I purchased from Jerry's and I love it!  I think it'll take lots of abuse and the surface is wonderful - accepts everything I've tried.  I'm SO thankful to be living when there are many art products available - no grinding colors myself - ugh!  The artboard is 10 x 8" and I left a little border around it, so maybe it's about 9 x 7".  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

She's beautifully painted Connie!