Friday, August 21, 2015

Livy Reading - original oil pastel figurative painting

There's nothing like a good book - right now, I'm reading (or listening through audible.com, I should say) The Sleepwalkers by Christopher Clark, about the events that led
to WWI.  Have read many books on this subject and am also reading the Maisie Dobbs mystery series which is set in the years immediately after the war.  Good to mix mystery and history - my two favorite subjects.  I'm wondering if other artists out there listen to books while painting.  Anyway, I'm not sure what Livy's reading, but she does seem engrossed in her book.  I painted Livy on 10 x 8" Ampersand Pastelbord, using mostly Sennelier oil pastels.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love this painting, Connie! I really like the pictures on the wall and she has a wonderful pose...nice work.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Hilda - I appreciate your comment!