Monday, February 23, 2015

The Model in a Dark Robe - original oil pastel figurative painting

This sketchy piece has made me so happy because I feel I got her skin tones correct.  Lately, I've been working on skin tones and trying to pay a lot of attention to getting just the right hue, value, etc., and - yippee - I have a good feeling about this one!  Am hoping to turn this into an oil painting, but whenever I attempt such things, something is lost - will keep trying, though.  Am I alone in having the problem of losing the feeling of the original when trying to move it to another medium?  On Strathmore 403 oil pastel paper, about 11 x 8".  Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

I like the drama in the pose and sense of movement. The coloring is great. I haven’t yet been able to improve upon the original sketch drawn from life. Tend to get bogged down in detail when not constrained by time.

hmuxo said...

She's beautiful Connie! Wonderful
pose..