Tuesday, November 19, 2013

More of Those Crazy Jivers - original ink and oil pastel figurative drawing

The first time I saw this jitterbug/jive/lindy step, I was dumbstruck.  Maybe the second and third times, too.  The guy - usually lower to the ground than this jiver - sort of scoots or hops along while the girl holds on tight to his hand to give him balance.  Anyway, it's unbelievable and I just can't help but wonder about his knees.  A fun thing, though, and I love it, because I adore what the jivers do as they jitterbug through life.  This started as an ink drawing and I was really happy with it.  Then, I thought about a little color - that's where the trouble usually starts for me, because my lines end up covered and ruined.  But I added just a smidgen here and there, so the lines wouldn't be obscured, and it seems to work???  It's on Bristol board paper, about 9 x 7 1/2".  Thanks so much for stopping by!Sold

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

this is soooo fantastic! it reminds me of the times I could 'bust a move like that!'

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful lines... and the movement, wow..

Connie Chadwell said...

Myra - I love that you were able to do that move! Wow - great!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Anthony, I appreciate your comment so much!