Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Cozy" - original ACEO oil pastel figurative painting

This tiny (3.5 x 2.5") piece is on Art Spectrum Colourfix ATC (Artist Trading Card) paper, the smallest version of their wonderful pastel paper.  It's wonderful for oil pastels, too.  I have this orange chair - my all time favorite - and it's so snug on a cold evening, plus perfect for models, as well - even when they didn't realize they were going to be models.  Working this small without sharpening my oil pastels forces me to be loose, which I hope will carry over to larger works.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

n warner said...

Connnie-
How completely cozy looking. I love that chair, color of the comforter and so easy to picture you enjoying it there! And Roger probably is close by!

Happy Thanksgiving...to you and yours.

Nina

n warner said...

Oh, and I love ACEO's...

:-)

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Nina - I so appreciate your comments and hope all is going great for you!