Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tango in Shades of Gray - original charcoal figurative drawing


I was trying out the new toned gray paper from Strathmore and here's what I came up with.  I really like the paper, but for me, it takes some getting used to.  I keep trying to erase with my kneaded eraser and get the white back, but there's only gray.  But that's just fine, because I have my trusty white charcoal and it's beautiful to run the white charcoal across the black to make lovely grays. Any other ideas for using this paper?  I like to hear them!  This drawing is 12 x 9".   Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

You seemed to master this paper, Connie. I love this charcoal drawing..you can always feel the motion in your work.. love it!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Hilda - I appreciate your nice comment!