Sunday, July 14, 2013

Nita Sleeping - original charcoal figurative drawing

I love to do sleeping poses, especially when the model actually goes to sleep.  This pose didn't last nearly long enough to suit me, but I guess I accomplished the general idea.  It's done with vine charcoal on Strathmore drawing paper and is about 10 x 10".  Has anyone out there used carbon paper for drawing, lately - or ever?  Not long ago, I visited a drawing show where one of the pieces was done using carbon paper.  I guess it actually works like a monotype, but much less messy.  Anyway, I'm about to find out and am really excited.  I love to make monotypes by putting the paper over the inked plate and drawing.  Now that I think about it, I guess the carbon paper won't be exactly like that, but close enough and should be fun.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is such a wonderful pose, Connie. Love the lights and darks you captured with the charcoal..
Wonderful work!!!

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful sketch. Just the right combination of darks and lights. I like it when the model falls to sleep too. Makes the pose so much more natural, like not posing at all.

Jeff Oxley said...

Very nice Connie. It has a timeless quality to it.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Jeff - I appreciate your comment very much!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Anthony, I appreciate the comment from another life drawer!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi, Hilda - so pleased with your comment - thank you!